Friday 31 August 2018

1980s shortwave sounds - part 10

This collection has quite a Latin American feel with archive recordings from Venezuela, Argentina, Nicaragua and La Voz del CID (Cuba Independentiente y Democratica) broadcast from Radio Clarin in the Dominican Republican aimed at Cuba. There's also a clip of Radio Luxembourg's English service signing on 1440 kHz (208m) with their "station of the 80s" jingle.

Radio Mediterranean Int, Malta - sign on, sign off
Radio Turismo, Venezuela - IDs
Radio Tachira, Venezuela - IDs
YVTO time signal station, Venezuela - ID
La Voz del CID, Dominican Republican - IDs
Radio Clarin, Dominican Republic - ID
RAE, Argentina - IDs
Radio Tallinn, Estonia - Interval signal, ID
Radio Tashkent, Uzbekistan - sign on
Broadcasting Service of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Interval signal, sign on
La Voz de Nicaragua - IDs
Radio Cameroon - IDs
Radio Luxembourg English service - sign on

(16:51 mins)

Here's the link:  https://www.mixcloud.com/shortwave_listener/shortwave-stations-in-the-1980s-10/

2 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying this blog very much! I've been an avid shortwave listener since the early 1970s. Your recordings have helped me to relive many wonderful memories. Sadly, the shortwave bands are not as vibrant as they once were. I am, however, still an active listener, but I find myself listening to hams more than broadcasters these days. I hope you will be sharing more recordings with us. Thank you for your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments ... I'm glad you're enjoying the recordings. I'm enjoying listening back to the recordings I made on a cassette recorder 35 years or so ago. There's a few more to go...

    ReplyDelete